Gator Giving Fund
What is Gator Giving?
Gator Giving is a financial donation where 100% of the funds go back to benefit our school. All of your money will directly support your child's learning: no overhead costs, nothing to sell! Gator families say this is their favorite way to support Gayton and remains our primary fundraiser for the entire year. Scroll down to see all the "extras" that have been purchased due to previous years of Gator Giving.
Help support our teachers and students during this 2022-23 school year!
The suggested donation to Gator Giving is $50 per child at Gayton annually.
All Gator Giving donations are tax deductible, and many employers will provide a company match!
In 2022-2023 your Gator Giving will help fund:
- Young Scientists In School Workshops— provides hands on learning and teamwork skills for our students.
- Community programs and events—helps to rebuild a sense of community and get connected again through social events and school-wide programming.
- Direct funding for teachers— to refresh their classrooms and support in-person lesson planning.
What has Gator Giving funded in the past?
Henrico County Public Schools does not provide funding for many of these "extras" that make Gayton a wonderful place to learn and grow!
- Technology hardware for virtual classrooms
- Gayton Garden outdoor classroom
- Kiln and clay for art
- Lego Robotics
- Water bottle dispensers throughout the school
- 30 ukuleles for music
- iPads, mini robots and green screen for STEAM projects
- Literacy Footprints sets for all grade levels
- Saxophones, clarinets and flutes for music
- Storyworks subscriptions
- New library books
- PE and recess equipment - new gaga balls, kick balls, soccer balls
- Visiting authors
- Promethean Boards for every classroom
- Flexible seating in our classrooms
- Thousands of dollars for leveled books for small group reading instruction
- Classroom fund for teachers to have discretionary money
- 5th Grade Reading Olympics
- Cheerful rugs in our classrooms
- And SO MUCH MORE!