Gator Giving Fund
What is Gator Giving?
Gator Giving is a financial donation where 100% of the funds go back to benefit our school. If you were to choose just one fundraiser to participate in for the school this year, make it this one! All of your money will directly support your child's learning: no overhead costs, nothing to sell! Gator families say this is their favorite way to support Gayton. Scroll down to see all the "extras" that have been purchased due to previous years of Gator Giving.
Support Virtual Learning in 2020-2021
Gator Giving will be our main way to raise funds for Gayton during this unprecedented school year. Help support our teachers and students in virtual learning and fund programs to keep us connected.
The suggested donation to Gator Giving is $50 per child at Gayton annually.
All Gator Giving donations are tax deductible, and many employers will provide a company match!
In 2020-2021 your Gator Giving will help fund:
- Support for teachers’ virtual classrooms: document cameras, iPads, extra monitors, web cameras. Also for STEAM activities and in-person classroom use.
- Manipulatives for hands-on learning: pattern/attribute blocks, magnet letters, bear counters.
- Support resources for small-group reading and language arts
- Fun programs to keep us connected
- Teacher hospitality
- Funding for music, art, library and PE
- School-wide improvements like flexible seating, whiteboard tables, outdoor water station
What has Gator Giving funded in the past?
Henrico County Public Schools does not provide funding for many of these "extras" that make Gayton a wonderful place to learn and grow!
- Gayton Garden outdoor classroom
- Kiln and clay for art
- 30 ukuleles for music
- iPads, mini robots and green screen for STEAM projects
- Literacy Footprints sets for all grade levels
- Saxophones, clarinets and flutes for music
- Storyworks subscriptions
- New library books
- PE and recess equipment - new gaga balls, kick balls, soccer balls
- Visiting authors
- Promethean Boards for every classroom
- Flexible seating in our classrooms
- Thousands of dollars for leveled books for small group reading instruction
- Classroom fund for teachers to have discretionary money
- 5th Grade Reading Olympics
- Cheerful rugs in our classrooms
- And SO MUCH MORE!